Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Secret

I've wanted to write a New Year post for a while but as I type this I'm still figuring out what to say. 

2013 was a tough year for me. I lost a dear friend to cancer and generally had quite a negative outlook for a while due to this and other things which had happened. I think it's a vicious circle...once you begin to think negative thoughts it's difficult to remember the positives. I really took it upon myself during the summer to start having more fun. I realised that I needed to start thinking positively again. I heard of a book called The Secret. I haven't read it but I did look at a brief summary which explained how our thoughts affect our lives. Positive thoughts attract positive things and the same goes for negativity. If you want something enough, you should imagine yourself doing it or being with a certain person and hopefully this will come true. I started to do this and believe it or not, good things started happening and things that I really wanted and I was thinking positively about started to come true. Maybe it's simply a coincidence but I really do believe that this has helped me. The only person I know who reads this blog is my Mum and the rest of you kind visitors are total strangers. Oddly enough, I'm a very private person and wouldn't tell anybody this but I kind of don't mind sharing with you as I don't feel like I'm being judged and I genuinely hope it might help one of you.

I have a good feeling about 2014. I feel like there's something special about the number fourteen so fingers crossed. My resolutions are to spend more time with my wonderful family and people I love. I couldn't ask for better people around me. I take time to be grateful that I have people like this in my life. They made my Christmas and New Year so special.


Another resolution of mine is to take more photographs. I invested in a new camera in the summer but I'm still learning how to use it properly. This is a shot of the view from my bedroom window. I love sunsets and I want to enjoy the beautiful things in life. I want to see new things and go to new places.


I try and be as kind as I can to people, but I want to do this even moreso this year. I bought the roses below for a friend who's been so kind to me and hopefully I can be a good friend to her as well. Little acts of kindness go a long way.


You might think this is a very cheesy post but it's from the heart and I mean every word. I'm going to carry on with my positivity and hope more fun, love and good things come my way. I hope they do for you too. 

12 comments:

  1. I love this post and it was so brave of you to write it! I feel like everything that could possibly go wrong is going wrong in my life at the moment but reading this really is so nice!

    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lola,

      Thanks so much for your comment and I'm sorry things are going wrong for you at the moment but I'm sending positive vibes your way and hope good things happen soon xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree with what you read that positive thoughts attract positive energy and positive things to happen. That has always been my mantra every time negative things happen to me. Also, we have the same resolution to take more photos. You should check out Groupon because I found a deal on online classes for taking photos on manual. <3

    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment Jan and I will be sure to check out Groupon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheers to 2014! :D great optimistic post, dear!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring post! I haven't read The Secret but I've watched the film several times and I love the philosophy. I'm totally into it and practice visualisation and positive thinking every day. It's not always easy but it does work and I have had little miracles happen in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. touching post. I hope you will have a better 2014!! and yeah I agree negative brings on more negative, and sometimes it's hard to get out of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope this year is a lot more positive for you sweet <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pics :)
    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a beautiful pictures *_*

    Lots of hugs,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    Insta @ReinventYourself

    Last post: Postcards from Mauritius

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rear placement of the drain provides you with more under counter space for storage. Stone is naturally sound-absorbing for single bowl sink and quieter kitchen. Beautiful matte finish in eye-catching color!

    ReplyDelete