Saturday 15 December 2012

Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream Review

April 2014 update: This is now my favourite moisturiser and is working wonders on my skin during the harsh winter weather! My skin feels super nourished after I use it and my other moisturisers (including Clinique and Clarins)pale in comparison. 

I had a patch of dry skin on the top of my nose and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion wasn't having any affect whatsoever, however, the Antipodes worked immediately. I have just ordered another two pots! 

I've been wanting to try the New Zealand skincare range Antipodes after hearing great things about it so I was really excited when Sarah from Lucy Rose kindly offered to send me Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream to review.

The first thing I do when I open a new face cream is give it a good sniff! I was expecting to smell a vanilla scent because of it's name, but to my surprise, a citrus/herbal scent emerged.





I smothered it all over my face and neck, paying special attention to my forehead and nose which get dry in winter. After letting my skin soak this goodness up, it felt immediately soft and smooth. I also applied it before I went to bed and the ultimate test for me is whether my skin feels just as good in the morning. This most definitely passed the test and my skin still felt really nourished. 

This cream contains manuka honey, which has has been used for centuries by indigenous Maori women to sooth and nourish skin and I have many relatives and friends who swear by it. Other ingredients include avocado pear oil with Vitamins A, B, C, E as well as chlorophyll and Omega 9, 3 and 6 – all excellent antioxidants.

It costs £26.99 and you can buy it at Lucy Rose. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love Lucy Rose because they are committed to sourcing organic and natural products and are totally against animal testing!





 Sophi 

♡♡♡♡





5 comments:

  1. Great review, sounds lovely, really want to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this and it smells gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been enjoying the Antipodes Juliet cleanser recently, I will have to try this too!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this, thanks for the link not heard of the Lucy Rose website before x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah wow, i've heard a few people raving about this.. i'm definitely going to have to try it now, absolutely loovee anything with a vanilla scent! xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete